The Words of Allah, as Revealed in Arabic, DOES NOT REVEAL that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s) was taken from the Mosque (Masjid) in Mekkah to the Mosque (Masjid) in
Upon deliberating what has been expounded further by Allah (s.w.t.) in Verses 53: 2 to 7 of the Qur'an, it is known to us with certainty that the Prophet was taken to the highest part of Horizon, near the Lote-tree and not to
Most of the Muslim translators have - based upon the SPURIOUS NARRATIONS - either injected the name "
Here is the transliteration of the Opening Verse from Surah Al-Isra (17).
subhanallazee 'asra bi-'Abdihee laylam-minal Masjidil-Harami 'ila-Masjidil-'Aqsallazee barakna hawlahou li- nuriyahou min 'Ayatina; 'innahou Huwas-Samee'ul Baseer
Neither the name "MEKKAH" nor "
The Arabic root word "qsa" means "to be distant". Al-aqsa refers to, "the more remote or further". No doubt, the Mosque that NOW STANDS in
Here is a direct translation of the above Verse 17: 1:
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His Servant for Journey by night, from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did Bless, - in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: For He is the One Who Heareth and Seeth (all things).
Notes: This event of "Al-Isra " is often argued by those who wish to insist upon Prophet's visit to
The details of what was shown to the Prophet(S) viz. the Lote Tree, the Garden of Paradise etc., are mentioned in Chapter 53, hence there were NOT TWO SEPARATE EVENTS. The Night Journey was from the Sacred Mosque to the Mosque beyond the Highest Horizon. It may also be noted that there is an article Al (the), before the Names of these Two Masajid and they indicate SPECIFIC DESIGNATED PLACES OF WORSHIP FOR MUSLIMS.
Translator Yusuf Ali's MISLEADING -- SELF-CONTRADICTORY Commentary Number 2168 reads:
The Farthest Mosque must refer to the site of the
The emphasis "must refer to" placed by the translator is UNFOUNDED. Surprisingly, the next sentence of that commentary acknowledges the fact that this famous Mosque in
Yusuf Ali published his translation with commentary in 1938. Millions of copies of that original publication, with the above Erroneous Commentary, have been distributed from Indo-Pakistan and also the revised and edited copies from Saudi Arabia by The Presidency of Islamic Researches, IFTA, Call and Guidance -- printed by King Fahad Holy Qur'an Printing Complex. Any Muslim or non-Muslim, who is not aware of the fact that it is ONLY WITHIN the mistranslated texts and the commentaries this MISCONCEPTION EXISTS may be (naus'billah) inclined to doubt the VERACITY of the Qur'an.
Allah knows the secret in the heavens and the earth (Qur'an 25: 6). How could Allah reveal; His Prophet had visited a Mosque that DID NOT exist during Prophet's life time! It is the translators and commentators misgivings based upon the Spurious Re-reported Narrations quoted little later. Read the revealed verses of the Qur'an that negate these Narrations.
If you feel that you owe to Allah and His Prophet, the dispelling of the Falsehood, please read carefully the entire article and Spread The Truth...
Where was this Farthest Mosque if not in
To understand an obscure passage from the Holy Qur'an it is suggested by Allah (see Qur'an 11: 1), to study other passages from the Qur'an on the relevant subject matter. Here are verses that expound the subject of Prophet's Journey by Night that unfold REALITY and disclose FACTS:
Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled. Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: He was taught by one mighty in Power. Endued with Wisdom: For he appeared (in stately form). While he was in the highest part of the horizon:. Qur'an 53: 2-7
The (Prophet's) (mind and) heart in no way falsified that which he saw. Will ye then dispute with him concerning what he saw? For indeed he saw him second time. Near the Lote-tree beyond which none may pass: Near it is the
1. "Your Companion" is a reference to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.).
2. Angel Gabriel is called "one in mighty power, endued with wisdom". See Qur'an 81: 23
3. The above verses tell us that the Night Journey of the Prophet was not a physical one.
5. The Prophet had visited the highest part of that horizon beyond which none can go.
6. Since Angel Gabriel appeared for the second time in the highest part of the horizon (after the first appearance in the Cave near Mekkah), the idea of Prophet meeting Gabriel and drinking a cup of milk offered by him in Jerusalem (see Hadeeth below) can not be entertained.
Those who claim that the Prophet (s.a.s.) met Angel Gabriel for the Second time in the Mosque of Jerusalem and thereafter he was taken to the Highest Horizon near the Lote-tree are in reality refusing to Judge by what Allah (s.w.t.) has Revealed in Q. 53: 11-15 quoted above...
They who do not judge by which Allah has revealed from the high are indeed, disbelievers. (Kafirun) Qur'an 5: 44.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERSES FOR SEVEN FIRMAMENTS AND THE SEVEN EARTHS.
Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah comprehends all things in (His) Knowledge. Qur'an 65: 12
1. The Arabic term sama ("heaven" or "sky") is often translated as the canopy or the firmament above our earth. Term Seven Heavens or Firmaments often appear in the Qur'an.
2. The phrase "earth (of) a similar number" denotes the multiplicity of the cosmic system, which the mankind has yet to discover. We know there are billions of galaxies and the possibility of life similar to that on this earth cannot be ruled out.
3. Descending of Allah's Command tells us that upon these far away "Earths" may live the obedient servants of Allah. If so, there could be Mosques (Prayer Houses). And, Prophet Muhammad s.a.s. was given the exclusive honor of visiting "the farthest" of these Mosques.
4. We daily recite "Rabbil-'Alameen" meaning Allah is the Rabb of the Worlds (plural). To doubt the existence of other worlds that also need sustaining is to doubt the text of the Qur'an.
Note: In verse 17: 1 above, it is revealed that the objective of THE NIGHT JOURNEY WAS TO SHOW THE PROPHET (S) ALLAH'S SIGNS. The detailed information of Allah's Great Signs shown to the Prophet beyond the highest horizon are recorded under chapter 53, particularly in verse 18. The commentary number 2168 quoted earlier tells us there were no Great Signs of Allah in
Spurious narrations have superimposed the Qur'an:
There are several such narrations in circulation. I have selected the ones compiled by Imam Bukhari who is regarded as the top most sound authority on the Collection of Hadeeths. Please read the following "cut and paste" text. The Narration is from the classification DRINKS 'Intoxicants and Gambling; Stones and Arrow', Volume 7, Hadeeth Number 482 (the text is reproduced from Alim CD):
Narrated Abu Huraira:
On the night Allah's Apostle was taken on a night journey (Miraj) two cups, one containing wine and the other milk, were presented to him at
you to Al-Fitra (the right path); if you had taken (the cup of) wine, your nation would have gone astray."
1. The Qur'an has recorded the first meeting of the Prophet with Angel Gabriel in a visible form was in the cave of Hira on the Mountain of Light (Nur), near Mekkah.
2. The Prophet's next meeting with Angel Gabriel in a visible form was during his Miraj or Night Journey, near the Lote-tree and the
3. The Qur'an does not record any meeting of the Prophet with Angel Gabriel in
4. The Night Journey of the Prophet from this earth to beyond the horizon and in the vicinity of the Lote Tree was a Spiritual Journey and NOT a Physical one -- according to Bibi A'isha (r.a.) the Prophet's body was lying in bed -- the concept of DRINKING MILK by the Spirit on a Spiritual Journey (with physical body in bed) can not be entertained.
5. The Prophet's Night Journey was direct from one Mosque on this earth to another Mosque beyond the Horizon. There was no stop-over.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING HADEETH FROM BUKHARI; CLASSIFICATION FASTING; VOL. 3: 215.
Narrated Abu Said Al Khudri (who fought in twelve Ghazawat
in the company of the Prophet).
I heard four things from the Prophet and they won my admiration. He said;
1. "No lady should travel on a journey of two days except with her husband or a Dhi-Mahram;
2. "No fasting is permissible on the two days of Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha;
3. "No prayer (may be offered) after the morning compulsory prayer until the sun rises; and no prayer after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets;
4. "One should travel only for visiting three Masjid (Mosques): Masjid-al-Haraam (
1. Could the Prophet have spoken about a Mosque that DID NOT EXIST UPON THIS EARTH?
2. While DEFENDING THE ERRONEOUS COMMENTARIES based upon Hadeeths, some scholars do argue that Jewish
3. "And Mosques are built for Allah's worship; therefore, invoke not anyone along with Allah." Qur'an 72: 18. This verse disqualify the
4. Umar Ibn Khattab would not have refused to pray in the
Text of another Hadeeth from Al-Bukhari 4: 585 (also 4: 636), cut and paste from ALIM CD:
Narrated Abu Dhar
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was first built on the surface of the earth?" He said, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram (in
He replied "The mosque of Al-Aqsa ( in
best thing is to do so (i.e. to offer the prayers in time)."
1. The Qur'an Reveals that this Masjid-ul-Haram was built by Prophet Ibrahim and his son Prophet Ishmael (a.s.), while they were in Mekkah. This was the first Masjid built on this earth.
2. How could Prophet speak of "FORTY YEARS" when he perfectly well knew the REVEALED TEXT for the building of that Mosque.
3. The History of Islam records that the next or the second Masjid, after the one in Mekkah, was built by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.) himself in
4. Six years after the Prophet had left this earth the followers of Islam conquered
5. The foundation of the third Masjid was laid by the Second Khalifa Umar Ibn Khattab (r.a.) while he was in
6. The Prophet had visited the "FARTHEST MOSQUE" WHICH WAS NOT IN
A passage from the biography of the second Khalif named Umar bin al-Khattab (r.a.):
The Patriarch of
Umar stayed in
The above passages tell us that there was NO MOSQUE IN
IMPORTANT QUESTION: If the so called reliable compilers of the Prophetic Narrations could hear and record the above quoted Reliable Narrations related by ABU HURAIRA, ABU SAID AL KHUDRI, ABU DHAR, relating to the MOSQUE IN JERUSALEM CALLED MASJID AL-AQSA, CENTURIES LATER, how come KHALIFA UMAR WHO HAD LIVED MOST OF HIS LIFE WITH THE PROPHET (s.a.s.) HAD NOT KNOWN OF IT AND DID NOT INQUIRE ABOUT THE LOCATION OF THIS MOSQUE IN THE CITY DURING HIS STAY IN JERUSALEM AND INSTEAD PRAYED IN THE OPEN SPACE AND LATER ON BUILD THE "UMAR'S MOSQUE"?
To learn the history of Al-Aqsa Mosque visit:
Here at http://www.noblesanctuary.com/ one will find the ONLINE GUIDE TO HARAM AL-SHARIF THE NOBLE SANCTUARY IN
After reading the historical facts, IF YOU ARE CONVINCED there was NO MOSQUE IN JERUSALEM during the life of the Prophet, then BELIEVE IT - these Hadeeths were forged by people who lived AFTER THE PROPHET HAD LEFT THE WORLD AND KNEW OF THIS MOSQUE. THESE FORGERS THEN ATTRIBUTED THEIR SOURCES TO THOSE COMPANIONS WHO HAD FOUGHT SIDE BY SIDE WITH PROPHET.
Allah reveals: Those to whom We have sent the Book study it as it should be Tilawatih (Recited): They are the ones that believe therein. Qur'an 2: 121. We cannot ADD the name of city "
Important Question and its Answer:
A Muslim Brother wrote:
Thanks for the article, it's intriguing and enlightening to say the least' but you left one question unanswered. It's maintained in traditions that before turning their Qibla direction towards kaaba, Muslim used to face
MY ANSWER: Prior to the promulgation of the Islamic Laws and/or the Traditions by Allah through His Final Testament - the Qur'an, the earlier Revealed Laws and/or the Traditions were applied. As for an example; The "stoning to death" for the sin of adultery was substituted with "flogging" once the Verses of Surah Nur (24: 2 to 6) were revealed. The significance of Kab'ah takes us to our roots in the Patriarch Abraham (a.s.), who is honored by Allah for being Hanif and Khaleel.
A Response Posted on an Islamic website
to a Hadeeth from Bukhari quoted by me earlier, the opening passage of which reads:
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was first built on the surface of the earth?" He said, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram (in
Please read carefully the following response and my brief note added after the text:
His saying (40 years)
But the possibility mentioned by Ibn al-Jawzi is more pertinent. And I found evidence supporting those who say that it is Adam who founded both mosques. For instance, Ibn Hisham mentioned in "Kitab al-Tijan" that when Adam built the Ka`bah, God ordered him to walk to Bayt al-Maqdis and build it and so he did and offered worship in it. And the construction of the House [Arabic: al-Bayt, i.e., the Ka`bah] is famous and we have mentioned earlier the hadith of `Abd Allah Ibn `Amr that the House was elevated in the time of the flood until God showed Abraham its location. Ibn Abi Hatim narrated from the way of Ma`mar from Qatadah: God founded the House with Adam when he descended. But Adam missed the voices of the Angels and their prayers. Therefore, God told him: I sent down a House around which [people] will revolve like it is revolved around my Throne, so set out to it. Adam set out to Makkah - He had descended in India, and his steps were enlarged until he reached the House and revolved around it. It was also said that when he had prayed at the Ka`bah, he was ordered to set out to Jerusalem where he built a masjid [mosque] and prayed therein so that it became a qiblah to a part of his progeny.
In summary, the verse 17:1 refers to the holy locations in
Brief note: Prophet Muhammad (p) had no knowledge of the past or future. Neither the text of Hadeeth quoted earlier nor those quoted by the Islamic website indicate that the narrated information had come from Allah, who had Commanded Adam (a.s.) to build these two mosques. On the other hand, we know it with full assurance that the Prophet was conveyed the following:
Remember We made the house a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma`il that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round or use it as a retreat or bow or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer). Qur'an 2: 125
RECENT E-MAILS FROM READERS:
Several readers have sent emails informing me that the famous Jewish
My Response: The history books have recorded that Roman Emperor Titus had completely destroyed that
The Temple Mount (Heb., Har Habayit; Arabic, Haram esh-Sharif, the Noble Sanctuary),is identified in both Jewish and Islamic tradition as the area of Mount Moriah where Abraham offered up his son in sacrifice (Genesis 22:1-18; the Koran, Sura Al-Saffat 37:102-110). Here King Solomon built the
What is your Personal Choice?
Since the Prophet's Journey was a singular event in his life time and he was taken Directly from One Mosque to Another Mosque, the important question is; Where was that Al-Aqsa Mosque?
Those who wish to UPHOLD the re-reported Narrations from the Collection by Imam Bukhari as fully Dependable and totally Authentic; the Al-Aqsa Mosque for them was in JERUSALEM...
Those who wish to UPHOLD the revealed verses of the Qur'an in Surah Najm (Ch. 53) the ONLY Dependable and Authentic; the Al-Aqsa Mosque for them was Beyond the HIGHEST HORIZON...
TOP RANKING LEARNED SCHOLARS OF HADITHS OF OUR ERA HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ISLAM TODAY ABSOLVES AND EMBRACES MORE THAN 5000 WEAK, SPURIOUS OR FABRICATED HADITHS...
TO READ THE DETAILS VISIT http://www.mostmerciful.com/al-albaani.htm
ALLAH ALONE KNOWS THE TRUTH...
View Source article: