Islamic Personalities (13 Sep 2012 NewAgeIslam.Com)

• Dear Raihan Nizami,

Where had you been for such a long time. I am so glad to see you back for a human I do get relief and joy if someone puts in a nice word for the article, which I frame painstakingly as I cannot afford to make any error, though as a human I cannot be infallible.

The problem, as you will know is that the embellishments in the classical biography of the Prophet has spawned a rival scholarship with the Muslims glorifying, venerating and even deifying him and his opponents - some non-Muslims and radical Muslim scholars projecting him as an evil incarnate.

As exaggerated glorification and veneration of the messenger can shift focus away from the message and projection of the Prophet in lurid light affect interfaith relations, belie history and feed Islamophobia,
    there is a pressing need to have a clear window into the persona of the Prophet. This is only possible by closely scrutinizing the Qur’anic glimpses on the Prophet’s life as attempted in this article.

Kindly read my latest articles if you have time and post your comments.

By muhammad yunus - 1/27/2014 6:09:30 PM

• Janab Mohammad Younus sb: Assalam alaikum! I saw this great piece of intellectual writing again today, based on Islamic knowledge, especially throwing lights upon the Zat-e-pak of our prophet Hazrat Mohammad (pbuh), and I could not resist myself from thanking you once again for the untiring efforts that you have taken to guide us.
    By Raihan Nezami - 1/27/2014 10:29:29 AM

• Dear Hassan Abbas Saheb. Did you read this piece (posted article)?. If not kindly read it.
    As to your question, accepting or rejecting a scientifically established premise/ theory/ is up to any body. There are many highly educated people/ scientists who do not believe in man's landing of moon.
    You will also know that in Government sponsored committees, people are appointed on connection and clout and party affiliation rather than expertize in the field. An active leader of a riot or genocide can become chairman of a public welfare committee. Please read my piece and comment and if you think others should know it, ask others to read.
    By muhammad yunus (1) - 10/9/2012 8:20:37 PM

• Dear Muhammad Younus Saheb. Please comment on the following: A Republican congressman who sits on the science committee of the House of Representatives has dismissed evolution, the Big Bang theory and embryology as "lies straight from the pit of hell".
    Paul Broun, who is running for re-election as Georgia representative this November unopposed by Democrats, made the comments during a speech at a baptist church last month.
    By Hasan Abbas - 10/9/2012 12:10:47 PM

• Suraiya Sultana. Thanks for posting your comment. You should share the article with other educated ladies in your circle and get them to read this immensely valuable piece and post a one line comment.

By muhammad yunus (1) - 9/24/2012 9:51:22 PM

• The life and deeds of our prophet Muhammad (saw) as witnessed by Qur'an Kareem is described in an exemplenary manner by Janab Mohammad Younus Sb. Here is a great message by the writer in the words below, "As for the cunning and malicious provocateurs and Islam.critical Muslims as well as non-Muslims, assassinating the character of the Prophet or spinning colourful stories about his wives by drawing on his highly embellished biographic accounts, the Muslims must ignore their machinations in the spirit of the following Qur’anic pronouncements. " This article is a source of guidance at a time when the critics of Islam are attacking vememently, so all the readers must have alook at it.
    By Raihan Nezami - 9/24/2012 2:43:39 PM

• The description of our Prophet's character by Md. yunus in a jist, and that too, in just a few words, is a remarkable feat.
    By Suraiya Sultana - 9/24/2012 1:14:55 PM

• Aiman, Will Durant does grossly exaggerate the atrocities committed by Muslim conquerors, probably to mitigate what the Europeans did in the New World as well as in Europe itself.
    By Ghulam Mohiyuddin - 9/14/2012 1:05:03 PM

• Javed Ghamdi says here even if the Hadith literature goes missing, the Qur'an is enough to present a pure picture of the blessed Rasool.
    Seerat preserved in the Qur'an: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjP6d9HZeFE&feature=relmfu
    Please watch
    By Mubashir - 9/14/2012 10:30:11 AM

• Will Durant writes in his fourth volume of 'The Story of Civilization', 'The Age of Faith', about Muhammad (pbuh): "He was a man of dignity. He could readily forgive a disarmed and repentant foe... His ten wives and two concubines have been a source of marvel, merriment and envy to the Western world...He took polygamy for granted, and indulged himself in marriage with a clear conscience and no morbid sensuality...Women and power were his only indulgence, for the rest he was a man of unassuming simplicity...IF we judge greatness by influence, he was one of the giants of history. He restrained fanaticism and superstition, but he used them. He built a religion simple and clear and strong, and a morality of ruthless courage and racial pride, which in a generation marched to a hundred victories, in a century to empire, and remains to this day a virile force through half the world."

The reason Igave this long quotation is because I want the readers of Newageislam to read this book. It is a gem. We also get to see a neutral side, Will Durant is not biased, though there are some errors in his work, but no work is perfect.

By Aiman Reyaz - 9/14/2012 8:33:29 AM

• As the biography of the Messenger was written long after he passed away, and regurgitated by others as mentioned; it formed the basis of the corpus hadis and is its integral part.

What is written in these documents about Muhammad and has been preserved for over millennia, which Muslims revere over Quran and even call it hadis sharif, puts the reader to shame unless one is looking for filth to be dumped on his character!

Therefore it is astonishing to note the very same people get…….themselves in knots when others present and use the same material as reference for their vested interest! So, may not one ask as to what is the SOURCE of the problem? If they can burn ‘Stannic Verses’, what are they waiting for?

It is recorded that Ibn Ishaq was exiled from Madinah for narrating false hadis!

By Rashid - 9/14/2012 1:06:24 AM

• Yunus sahab's serious and authoritative depiction of our Prophet's persona is very timely when attempts to defame him are at a crescendo. A true appraisal of his impact on history is necessary in order to appreciate him.
    By Ghulam Mohiyuddin - 9/13/2012 3:32:35 PM

• The article below by Muhammad Yunus is worth reading.
    Most Muslims have known Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) from a singular point of view - that he was the prophet of God, and some have even ascribed divinity to him. I did not connect with that aspect of Islam, and left the religion some 45 years ago. I do know that, most people in different faiths make their spiritual master untouchable and divine, almost like God, Muslims are no different.
    But then after 30 years of searching for the truth, I chose Islam to be my religion, however, I have always maintained and will continue to see the wisdom and beauty of each faith, and how it makes a better person out of each one of us. And I will not claim my faith to be superior to any as that amounts to arrogance, and God does not like arrogant people, arrogance breeds conflicts, it is indeed anti-peace and goes against the essence of Islam; peace.
    Whereas humility builds bridges, and that is the reason, you'll find in every form of worship the emphasis is laid on humility through the act of looking up, bending, kneeling or prostrating. Islam indeed has placed many systems in its practices for one to be humble including the Salat (congregational prayers) fasting, tithe (zakat) and other practices.
    Prophet Muhammad was inclusive in his approach as were other prophets. Quran acknowledges other religions and their respectful space there of, indeed, it could not have been clearer than saying whether you are a Jew, Chrsitian or other, you need not worry, God knows what you do and he will recompense you... This is Quraan sayingand Muhammad delivering, it is a lesson to be learned.
    The consistency of the message is mind boggling. God says, do not treat one prophet over the other... had God said, Prophet Muhammad is superior to the others, it would have bred arrogance, the root cause of all conflicts from familial to national to global. This is one of the reasons you will not find (with exceptions ofcourse) that Muslims will ever denigrate Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others, indeed, it is a requirment to believe in them to be a Muslims, without which your faith is incomplete. It is this inclusive approach of Quraan, Islam and Prophet that appealed to me and learned from non-Muslim writers like Karen Armstrong. I am glad I did, if not I would have had a blind faith.
    Three critical factors influenced my decision to choose Islam as my religion, and one of them was reading Karen Armstrong's book Muhammad - I understood Muhammad as an individual who lived his life as a normal human, and lived as a model citizen to create a cohesive society where no one has to live in the fear of other. I related with him and I connected with him through her book. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is one of me three mentors, some one I look up to in living my daily life of being an Amin - the trustworthy and the truthful committed to justice and peace and building cohesive societies. That is the Sunnah (practice) of the Prophet, I enthusiastically follow.
    When I read up Yunus' article (below), it appealed to me and hence my note above. I do hope you read up on the prophet from various angles including Michael H. Hart's book, "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History". Read what the some of the bad guys write and learn to understand and cope with them, so you can see what they see and help them with additional versions.
    Yunus writes, "Qur’an is near silence on the Prophet’s life from birth through to the onset of the revelation." Indeed, it may have been intentional wisdom to prevent people from making a God out of him, as some stories abound about the star rising some place and the miracles .... No, Prophet Muhammad does not need miracles, his messages is important and it is full of wisdom. Indeed his humility made him ask the people not to draw his images or make statutes out of him, he was bent on getting the message out, rather than people focusing on him, that is humility and that is the spirituality and that appeals to me.
    Mike Ghouse, www.WorldMuslimCongress.org