In your last comment, you mention my name along with other leading contributors on the website who, in your view, have remained "shun on hardcore questions."
On my part I have address a wide array of 'hardcore questions' as listed below:
1. The Hindus are not ‘the mushrikin’ mentioned in the Qur’an
2. The Classical Islamic Law (Islamic Sharia Law) is NOT a Word of God!
3. Notions of male superiority, domination and beating of wife stand un-Islamic today
4. Muslims have NO Qur’anic basis for Religious Supremacism
5. Blasphemy Law has NO Qur’anic Basis
6. Flogging of women for sex outside marriage stands brutal and Un-Islamic today.
7. The spiritual Genocide of a Godly people – the case of Ahmadis in Pakistan
8. Limiting maintenance of divorced women for the iddat period is brazenly un-Islamic
9. The Zakat today grossly underplays the Qur’anic emphasis on zakah and wealth sharing
10. Any punishment for apostasy – let alone capital punishment is anti-Islamic
11. An Open Reminder to the Ulamas: Rejecting universal knowledge as un-Islamic is brazenly un-Islamic and kufr (denial of truth)
12. Any fatwa imposing full/face veil (burqa/niqab), headscarf on Muslim women as a religious requirement is anti-Qur’anic.
13. RESTRUCTURING MADRASA EDUCATION:The Opponents of the Right to Universal Education (RTE) to the Muslims are the enemies of Indian Muslims.
14. The Qur’an prescribes Monogamy is the social norm for humanity
15. Intellectual ambivalence of educated Indian Muslims: the RTE versus the Ridiculous Fatwas
16. The Qur’anic message admits of flexibility in the shares of the siblings / heirs
17. The Qur’anic Sharia (laws) on divorce. Triple divorce, temporary marriage, halala stand forbidden (haram).
18. The Qur’anic Perspective on Jihad and Greater jihad: SOS to Global Muslim Community
19. Gender Equality in Islam
20. The Qur’an espouses harmonious interfaith relations with the Christians and the Jews and all other faith communities.
21. Literalist comprehension of, and exclusivist dedication to the Pillars of Faith purports to reduce Islam to a Cult of Five Pillars.
22. The Zakat – a Pillar of Faith, as actualized today is a grand mockery, if not fraudulent realization of Qur’anic message on wealth distribution and social justice.
23. The Qur’an’s broader notion of taqwa – an irrefutable testimony to its universalism
24. The broader notion of din al-Islam is inclusive of all monotheistic faiths.
25. The twin growing menace: Petrifaction and Radicalization in Islam and Islamophobia – Are they interconnected? How best they can be diffused? An SOS to the Muslim Intelligentsia, Leadership and Ulama!
26. Universal Dimensions of the Qur'an and Historic Specificity of Islam's Theological Sciences.
27. The grievous impacts of Hadith sciences in the later centuries of Islam – a soul searching exercise and a final call to the Muslim ulama and intellectual elite.
28. The Noble persona of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as mirrored in the Qur’an
29. Is Islam incompatible with democracy?,
30. India’s Child Marriage Act 2006 prescribing 18 as women’s legal age for marriage is consistent with the Qur’an, the personal Sunna of the Prophet and does not infringe the fundamental religious rights of the Muslims in any way.
31. Call for international Fatwas to declare the terrorists who advocate wanton killing of innocent people in the name of Islam as ‘Terrorist Apostates’, like the Kharijites of early Islam.
32. Are all the mushrikin for all times “spiritually unclean” (najas) (literal reading of the verse 9:28 of the Qur’an) ?
33. Role of dawah in Islam: Islamic dawah at this moment must focus inwards and not outwards.
34. The Radical Intelligentsia of Islam and Its Orthodox Ulema Are the ‘Hypocrites’ and ‘Nomadic Arabs Intense In Kufr’ Of This Era: They Are Its Twin Internal Enemies, and Must Be Resisted
35. Abolition of slavery, including sex slavery in Islam (the Qur’an)
36. What is popularly known as the Sharia Law of Islam is actually the cumulative rulings of Muslim jurists with a tag of Islam, and not any immutable word of God or the laws of the Qur’an.
37. Open warning of dire perdition to the Neo Khwarijite (hatred inspiring and terror mongering) Ulama of Pakistan – the ideologues of TTP, Jaishe Muhammad and their likes.
38. The medieval era rooted Qur’an conflicting MPL (Sharia Law) must be reformed to avoid injustices to Muslim women – an SOS to the Indian Ulama fraternity.
39. Is the mind of Muslim anchored in the 2nd and 3rd centuries of Islam?
40. Hadith is not a divine scripture of Islam – a la Qur’an.
41. Declare The ISIS As The Kharijites (Those Who Seceded From Islam) As This Article Demonstrates And Declares: Global SOS To The Ulama, Muftis, Intellectuals And Scholars Of Islam
42. Interpreting Islam’s Pillars of faith as symbols of militant jihad is heresy - an intense “kufr” and its willful Muslim followers stand as kafirin – let there be no doubt it.
43. Muslim women in the non-Muslim / Western world may relax on the symbolic veiling (head-ear-chin cover) and create a socially interactive performance oriented identity as commanded by the Qur’an.
44. Clearing Some Gross Misconceptions about Islam and Its Prophet
45. The Heinous Crimes That ISIS Is Perpetrating Totally Opposed To Islam And Those Killed Fighting For ISIS May Earn Divine Wrath Instead Of Paradise And ‘Hurs’ – An SOS
46. The ISIS and its likes – the Muslim Violent Extremists of this era must be outlawed on historical precedent to save the Middle East from a tsunami of bloodshed and the world from a clash of civilizations.
47. Countering Violent Extremism – Muslim Community leaders must warn youngsters against the dangers of Radicalization
48. Countering Violent Extremism – Muslim Ulama and Custodians of Faith must avert a potential holocaust
49. Countering Violent Extremism by a Counter Terror Narrative Drawn On the Qur’an
50. Indian Muslim Ulema Who Insist On Retaining the Anti-Qur’anic Triple Talaq (Instant Divorce) In Muslim Personal Law Are Sinners, Haters of Their Women-Folk and Criminals and Must Be Resisted
51. Muslims must take a hard look at the popular Islamic theology of the era focus on the essentials of their din to survive in this progressive, pluralistic, humanistic and politically volatile era and avoid suicidal collapse
52. Human beings are equal, have the same Rights, the human race is one, and we are all brothers – global call for improving inter-faith relations and combatting religious supremacism and bigotry.
53. The Ambivalent Notion of Consensus of the Scholars (ijma) in Islam.
54. The shamelessness of Ulama in bearing with the penultimate blasphemy by ISIS brutes without a thunderous global protest is despicable.
55. SLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE AND PLURALISM
56. Radicalism under the banner of Islam is mutation of Islam into a Cult of Satan – so Muslims must create an anti-Radicalization narrative to defeat and disown it. Part-1
57. Sindh Criminal Law against forced conversion and marriage of Hindu (Minority) girls is consistent with the Qur’anic message
58. Religious authorities of Islam must delimitate peaceful Islam from terrorism committed in the name of Islam – German Chancellor, Angela Merkel
59. Malala’s Calling The Muslim Terrorist ‘You Are Not A Muslim Anymore’ Is Reminiscent Of The Tale Of The Naked King, And A Shaming Challenge To The Violent Extremists Of Islam And Their Tacit Allies
60. AIMPLB Advocates of instant Triple tallaq are Gender Terrorists and Traitors of Islam and may be sued for human rights violation under cover of religion.
61. A Critique of Bin Laden’s Letter to America
62. AN EPILOGUE TO THE RECENT ANTI-SHARIA LAW RALLIES ACROSS AMERICAN CITIES: The Dichotomy between Sharia Law of Islam (Islamic Law) and the Sharia of Islam
63. Quoting Qur’an’s Fighting Verses In Isolation To Promote Violence Or Defame Islam Amounts To Treacherous Misrepresentation Of Its Message Of Peace And Reconciliation
64. Division of Knowledge between Religious and Secular in the Madrasas Must Be Abolished to Stem the Tide of Islam’s Continued Decline
65. A COMPREHENSIVE AND CONCLUSIVE REFUTATION OF “AZAN: A CALL TO JIHAD - ON THE ROAD TO KHILAFAH” DATED MARCH 2013
66. Refutation of Parts 1-8 of Sheikh Yousuf Al-Abeeri's fatwa – 8 separate
I will appreciate if you do suggest to me some additional topics covering 'hardcore issues' that I may try to pen - provided they are not purely academic, and are on a positive theme aimed at bringing reform, peace, reconciliation and harmony, removing misconceptions, misinterpretation of the Qur’anic message, allaying hatred, diffusing radicalization and extremism, empowering women and so forth
It is time
to feel pride of Indian because we have better Islamic understanding scholars
in india more than any other parts of the globe. Bubt I fear that bad eye fells on our country
"To wrap up this essay and put a
seal of peace and pluralism on the Prophet’s mission we quote below the
following verses that make it amply clear that the eventual goal was peace,
moral uprightness (taqwa) and justice and not war, injustice and ‘Sword’:
believe, be upright before God as witnesses to justice), and let not the hatred
of any people prompt you to detract from justice. Deal justly: this is nearest
to heedfulness (taqwa); and heed God. Surely God is Informed of what you do”
“... And let
not the hatred of a people who (once) obstructed you from (entering the) Sacred
House, lead you to be hostile. Therefore, help each other to virtue and
uprightness (taqwa), and do not collaborate with each other in sin and enmity.
Heed God, and (remember,) God is severe in punishment” (5:2).
“It may be
that God will bring about love between you and those of them you (now) regard
as your enemies. (Remember,) God is Able (to do anything) and God is Most
Forgiving and Merciful (60:7). God does not forbid you to be virtuous and just
to those who did not fight you over religion, nor drove you from your
homelands. Indeed, God loves the just (60:8). God only forbids you to befriend
those who fought against you over religion, and expelled you from your
homelands, and backed (others) in your expulsion; and whoever befriends them –
it is they who are unjust” (60:9).
The Qur’anic verses relating to
all the major expeditions as captured in this work from Qur’anic allusions were
specific to given contexts, and since the contexts cannot be recreated as much
as the Prophet and his companions cannot be brought back to life, they are not
of any direct relevance this day – and this must be true for all so-called
‘fighting verses’ of the Qur’an. Their presence in the Qur’an is essential to
establish Islam as a religion of peace as this discourse aims at."
Re: ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE AND
Aayina, you ask a good
and a very valid question. It is not the Quran which has failed but Islamic
theology which has failed to derive the clear principles to guide the Muslims
in every facet of their life. While Islamic theology has reduced the religion
to a set of five pillars and six articles of faith, it has failed to derive the
clear principles of war. Islamic theology has also failed miserably in deriving
the principles for inter-faith relationship with the result that the Muslims
generally have a hostile attitude to the "other" who is considered
incorrectly as "kafir" as per their bigoted theology.
These topics are covered
in my articles:
The Principles of War from the Quran
Islam's Relationship With The Rest Of The Word - The
Current Problem Of Extremism In A False Ideology And The Antidote From An
Authentic Understanding Of The Truly Humanistic Message Of The Quran
The common Muslims hide their bigotry with hypocrisy. This should
be evident from the hostility with which my articles are received on this forum.
My contention that the Pakistani army, which clearly practiced
oppression on the people of Bangladesh killing their men and raping their women
were the Kafirin, and the Indian army which defeated the army of such oppressors
were the Mominin, has been commented upon with such hostility by Muhammad Yunus
and dutifully conveyed by the editor Sultan Shahin. To them, it is unimaginable
that the Indian army consisting mostly of non-Muslims could be considered the
Mominin no matter how noble their mission, and the Pakistani army consisting
mostly of the Muslims considered as kafirin no matter how evil they were in
their persecution of the people of Bangladesh!
The Quran is however very clear on the subject:
(4:75) And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those
who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children,
whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are
oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us
from thee one who will help!"
The condition of the people of Bangladesh was precisely as
described in the verse above, and the Indian army’s cause for fighting to
liberate the oppressed people from their oppressors was the cause of Allah. It
was therefore an act of the Momin against the Kafir.
The result which was the ignoble defeat and surrender of a
hundred thousand strong army of Pakistan fulfilled the following promise of
(4:141) ….And never will Allah grant to the Kafirin a way (to
triumph) over the Mominin.
Yunus sb who writes an article “The
Hindus are not the Mushrikin in the Quran” and also on pluralism, has
difficulty accepting that a non-Muslim can be a Momin and a Muslim a
Kafir! For the record, the Mushrikin in the Quran are also not all considered
as kafir but only the persecutors but Yunus sb till recently, had difficulty
With such ambivalence, all talk of pluralism and
universalism of the religion of Islam on this forum, has mostly been mere hypocrisy
hiding their deep-seated bigotry.